PROJECTS OVER ONE ACRE
Projects that will generate earth disturbance of one (1) acre or greater are required by State and Federal Law to complete and obtain a Nonpoint Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit, as well as an Erosion & Sedimentation Control Plan approval from the BCCD.
Other permits may be required depending on the type and scope of project that you are planning. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the BCCD office and request a Pre-Application meeting with the Technician assigned to the municipality where your project is located.
Below are links to the required documents and tools that are commonly used to complete the required information for an NPDES permit application. For more guidance, please download the information found on our NPDES Guidance page.
- January 1 , 2023 Application for Chapter 102 and/or NPDES Review Information Form (Erosion & Sedimentation Control Plan Application Form )
IMPORTANT Change to Resubmission Fee Policy and E and S Control Plan Application Form
Effective January 1, 2023, the BCCD policy for resubmissions has been changed. A fee of 50 percent of the current E and S fee will be charged for each resubmission without major changes. There will be no $1,000 fee cap on resubmission fees.
- If the earth disturbance is 1.0 to 1.99 acres, the resubmission fee will be $675, which is 50 percent of the E and S fee of $1,350.
- If the earth disturbance is 5.0 to 9.99 acres, the resubmission fee will be $1,500, which is 50 percent of the E and S fee of $3,000.
- If the earth disturbance is 10.0 to 19.99 acres, the resubmission fee will be $2,500, which is 50 percent of the E and S fee of $5,000.
The BCCD Application for Chapter 102 and/or NPDES Review Information Form (effective January 1, 2023) reflects this change. The form has been posted on the website. As of January 1, 2023 please use this version. The previous version of the form will not be accepted by this office on or after January 31, 2023.
A 30 day grace period will apply in order to implement this change. All submissions made on or after January 31, 2023 must include the new version of the application form and the 50 percent resubmission fee.
Please call the office at 215-345-7577 if you have any questions.
PA DEP Electronic Permitting Link & BCCD Forms
- NPDES epermitting Conservation District Fee Payment Submission Form 4-26-2021
- NPDES epermitting BCCD Guide 4-26-2021
- Chapter 102 E Permitting PA DEP
NPDES General Permit Application & Forms
Please visit the following DEP website link to obtain the documents that you need to complete your NPDES General Permit PAG-01, General Permit PAG-02, or Individual Permit application.
Chart 5b – Summary Table of Stormwater BMPs